Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Wall

In our house's basement there is a wall. It is a plain wall with simple off white paint over wood paneling. Nothing too exciting. Nothing too exciting until I decided I wanted to have it be our wall of inspiration. If your kids are like mine, or you are like me then there is a constant flow of artistic pieces of paper flowing through your home. I hate to shove them all away in a bin, or to throw them away....but I am a little bit of a "too much paper clutter makes me want to crawl out of my skin" kind of person. The simple solution to this problem is to display it. There is no rhyme or reason to what goes on the wall-basically if a child does something they love or I love, it goes on our wall. I have a few photos, cards, drawings I did or drawings I like up on there too. It is the wall I stare at when I am sitting at my computer and without fail it makes me smile.

Pablo Picasso once said, " Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for keeping the little artists alive...because this world always needs more people making artistic things in it!!



How are you cultivating creativity in yourself or the ones around you?? I love hearing how people do this!!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

This is great! I just recently started tacking up random pieces of inspiration on one of those large cork boards. If I see something in a magazine or have some cool drawings, it goes right up.

It's super motivating to have that up when you're trying to stay focused! Love your blog, super cute design :) Check out mine if you have a moment :)

Cathy Trails

Sayaka said...

I love your wall of inspirations!! Your such a cool mommy for doing that for you kids!!

Chloe said...

I love the new look! We also have a room plastered with inspirational clippings and such. We've just started doing double page spread art journaling. The girls and I have art journals, for doodles, drawing, collages. You have to fill up two full pages with your design. It's a great thing to do with kids. We also make funny scrapbooks by cutting up old magazines and making silly pictures of tiny people riding the backs of ducks and such. Fun fun.

joule said...

The quotation is so true. I try to keep things I did around me. This wall is very inspiring, I'd like to have one for my future children.