Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Freshly Squeezed

Lemonade. Something quite straightforward and simple to make. Something quite divine and thirst-quenching to drink.

Why do people not make it from scratch? I mean really? I totally get not making..say-cinnamon rolls from scratch. Time is not something we all have oozing out of our schedules. But when making something from scratch takes less or the same amount of time and costs about the same amount...why why why not make it from scratch?

If your single reason for not making it is that you do not know how then I am here to help. Watch and learn. (it ain't hard...trust me...I did it)

First, gather your ingredients. For some reason I have found that the organic sugar from Trader Joe's give the best sweetness without being too sweet...but that is of course all up to you and your taste buds to figure out.

slice your lemons...and please take a moment to really smell them...divine!!!
 Juice those lemons and pour the juice into a large pitcher of water and ice. Use as many lemons as you want-again, this drink is for you!

**Or you can make it the single glass serving way-one lemon half over a cup of icy water and sugar, cover the lemon and bottom glass with a large one on top and shake like mad. One lemon shake up made (and you didn't even have to go to the fair)**
 I sometimes like to add some frozen fruit as ice cubes in the glass...it adds a nice color and taste, while still keeping it cold. Here I used frozen blueberries. Pour in that sugar, little by little while stirring it to dissolve. Taste and repeat until you are happy with the sweetness.
can you tell why I thought they needed something to drink....hello rosy cheeks:)

he went a little overboard with the blueberries...especially because he decided he did not like them after putting every. single.one into his glass


What is your favorite hot day drink?

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That lemonade would go perfectly with my home made hummus! Yum!!

Hena Tayeb said...

mmm lemonade.. I like o bring out my juicer and put in just about anything and everything.. always a pleasant surprise in the end.

Chloe said...

Wonderful pics. The girls and I are having a lemonade stand on the next hot day!