Friday, May 25, 2012

Carla Rolls...aka the best breakfast treat ever

 Perhaps you want to start your weekend making this! Especially since for most of us...it is a three day weekend!!! (since I get to be home with my babies, really what I am celebrating is that I get my husband home with me a whole day extra....now that is a treat indeed!!) So bring on the delicious breakfast delights.....the holidays are here!!

Food is almost always connected to a memory for me. That is kind of how I am wired as a person, I love putting things with memories. Always connecting experiences with something be it clothing, a scent, music, food...you get it.
sorry the shot is blurry...I did not realize it until all the ingredients were put away

Well, this recipe is connected in my memory with holidays. Almost every holiday I can remember as a child, started with the smell of Carla Rolls drifting up into my bedroom. I loved grabbing one of the soft doughy rolls, smothered in butter and all things perfect, and eating as I built anticipation for the fun day ahead of me.
as the dough is starting to rise

I have never met anyone who does not like these. It is easy to know why when you see what yummy things are put into it, but truthfully how many recipes can you say that about?? So without further ado....


add a cup of coffee and you are set


Recipe:


1. spray bundt pan with pam or some cooking spray (very important or you will be eating your rolls out of the pan directly, not so fun)
**I often make this recipe without pecans, since nuts are not everyone's thing. If you do want to have the nut then lay them down after the spray and before the rolls.**
 
2. line about 22 Rhodes rolls in the bottom of the pan
3. sprinkle a package of cook and serve butterscotch jello over all the rolls
4. melt in a bowl (6 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon) and pour on top of  the rolls as well
5. let rolls sit out overnight on the counter
6. next morning preheat the oven to 330 degrees and bake rolls for 30 minutes
7. remove from oven and place a cookies sheet or large plate over the top of the bundt pan, flip it over (carefully....contents are hot) and slowly remove the pan.
8. try to not eat as many as you know you could...and want to:) only because we want to have enough to share with others:)

3 comments:

Larissa @ Living in Color | A Lifestyle Blog said...

Hello! I just came across your blog, and I want to eat this recipe! It looks so delicious! haha. I’ve decided to follow your blog! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
xo, elle from Living in Color.

la casita de wendy said...

wow...it looks amazing ♥

KarenLee said...

Learning about this recipe is just one of the many benefits of becoming a Seward.