Wednesday, October 3, 2012

dinner in a flash

You know when you are so hungry you can barely see straight and you want something delicious, warm and filling-but not time consuming. Say hello to me Sunday night! I had gotten home around 9pm from a meeting and had not eaten since an early lunch. Did I mention I am still breast-feeding...hello famished! I whipped this sucker together and have since made it two more times....yes that fast, that easy, that delicious.

1. Boil water for pasta of choice-add pasta and cook till done (I often have a bag of precooked pasta in my fridge so I can whip up a bowl for my kiddos at any moment, this first time I made it I used that pasta so it went extra fast)

2. in a saucepan melt 3-4 TBS of butter and salt, add two cloves minced garlic

3. add as much half and half (or cream) as you want to the saucepan.... (I probably did around 1 1/2 cups...I never measure...sorry) and let it simmer
4. add tomato paste, (I have it in tube form-a brilliant thing-get it) just a few tablespoons will do ya
5. add pasta to sauce and serve **adding chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, whatever have you makes this one more step up on flavor...but really you don't need it**

So good, so fast. What are your go-to quick and delicious meals? I am all ears!


1 comment:

Rachel Jones said...

i just threw together something like this - thanks for the idea. used whole milk and parmesan and some extra sauce. love tweaking it with whatever I have - quick pastas are the best!!