Sunday, September 23, 2012

the fireplace

From the moment the air has the slightest chill in it we drive to our favorite firewood pickup place and load our van with the hugest stack of wood to be burned. I told Nate last night that if we ever did not have it in our budget to get the firewood I would literally ask for it as my birthday present....that is how strongly I feel about fires during the cooler months.


Something about fires makes life sweeter, more intimate, more family-like....fires are magical like that to me.





I love that my little family loves fires as much as I do. 
Are you a fire person? What is the best way to enjoy them in your opinion?


3 comments:

the cuthberts said...

wood burning fireplace. definitely made the short list of "must haves" on my home buying list :) happy fall, cool weather friend!

Chloe said...

My first home had a fireplace. It was gas but i still loved it. I love wood fires more though. No fireplace in this house. I guess we'll just have to be happy with the firepit out back.

Ellie said...

hmmm...and it's still in the 90's here in Texas...