Friday, August 29, 2014

Lisa's Scones

If it is quick, has easily accessible ingredients and taste good then I can assure you I am making it.  Lisa's scones (I am not sure who Lisa is...I got the recipe from my mom) fit the bill.  I should mention these scones are flaky in consistency and light. I know most scone recipes are denser (which I also love) but these will not be that way, so be warned. My preferred way of eating them are hot from the oven with a bit of fresh whipped cream and blackberry jam, lemon curd is lovely paired with them as well. You can, of course, easily mix in other ingredients to make them your own ( chocolate chips, cranberries, cheese)
 
Lisa's Scones
 
Preheat oven to  375 degrees
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 c sugar
1 c quick oats oatmeal
1/2 c softened butter
1/3 c plain yogurt
 
Mix dry ingredients together with butter and yogurt.

 
Churn out dough onto a floured surface and knead for 30 seconds. Pat into a 7 inch round and then cut into 8 wedges with a pizza cutter.
 

 Transfer onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until scones get just slightly browned. Serve warm or cold.
Makes 8
 
 
These with a cup of black coffee are a quick and wonderful way to start a morning. They also keep well for  few days. Enjoy!

No comments: