But hey....everything else besides my body feels good:)
I wanted to give you a few highlights from the race-real ones, not just "I am a champion, running rockstar and it was a breeze" type highlights....because you all know THAT isn't true!
1. I wanted to finish the race in under 2:15. Why that time? I chose it because it was the slowest time I have ever run the half in and it was right after I had my son. I needed to be faster than a 2 month postpartum version of myself (even if I am currently 8 months postpartum with my daughter) I would have LOVED to finish under 2:00 but I finished in 2:03, which tied my pr from 2006. I liked that.
2. I wanted to quit so so so so badly at mile 11. I reminded myself of when I was in labor and how I wanted to quit so so so badly at around 9cm but I didn't-I think that sorta helped. Sorta.
3. I looked so red and nasty by the end that I prompted two separate groups of people (bystanders) to comment on how running just looks miserable. Thank you bystanders for being so uplifting.
4. There was a man around mile 10 who was dressed exactly like Will Ferrel from the SNL skit where he is playing the cowbell in the band. He just stood there enthusiastically hitting a cowbell. It made me laugh and love him for being willing to look ridiculous just to make runners smile.
5. I sprinted so hard at the end of the race that when I crossed the finish line I straight up peed my pants. Like hardcore. Thank goodness I am a woman who sweats a lot so no one could tell....or could they?
6. This is the first race I have ever run with someone...my sister Ruth was my pacer and was amazing!
Now some photos...
|sweet little Vera was as tired as I was...I mean we had only slept around 3 hours|
|this is a tradition-we have done this pose for each of the four half marathons we have run together (I know we look cool)|
|Leah...my training buddy who ran 4x a week with me (she is a mother of 5 and such a beauty, right?!)...she is amazing!|
|last shot before the start|
|my bib # was 4321...obviously I HAD to write the word BLAST OFF on the back of my shirt!! Can you find me?|
|I DID IT!!|
|my faithful hubby...who has been at every one of my races and has cheered me on along the way-he is my hero (I don't care if that sounds cheesy, I really mean it!)|
What is one thing you struggle through but are glad in the end you did?