Thursday, June 21, 2012

DIY necklaces...

I have a few blogs I enjoy reading and being inspired by. One of them is called A Beautiful Mess. The other day I was looking at this post and immediately knew I had to make myself one (or 10) of those necklaces. As a bonus it is a super kid friendly project...if you cover everything to ensure you do not get paint on it:) To start off I ran to JoAnn Fabrics with two 50% coupons and bought wooden beads and the Triple Thick Gloss Glaze the blog recommend. I used my own acrylic paints I had at home and got started. It is addicting-especially if you love color and color pairings like I do. Oh man.  I have made three necklaces and just keep taking the beads on and off and mixing the different colors together...each new grouping gets me drooling-it is nice to not have to commit to just one look(the beauty of being able to make your own). Here is my current combo favorite

 I also have about 20 other colored beads to play around with...and since you do not live in my basement and are able to see all the delicious colors, I grabbed a shot with one of each of the color beads I have painted (besides the three you see pictured above).
dark purple, mustard yellow, lime green, hot pink and baby blue
And be warned...like I said...it is strangely addicting!!!

3 comments:

katielicht said...

i usually stink at DIYs but I saw this one too and definitely thought it looked cute and do-able!

Chloe said...

Wow, that is so cute. Might have to try some.

Mandy said...

So great! And gladim not the only who gets easily addicted to DIY things