Monday, January 26, 2015

Andrea's Olive Oil Granola

This granola is the best granola I have ever put in my mouth.
 
 My friend Andrea sent me this recipe one afternoon as I was lamenting over my need for something yummy that could pack the extra punch I needed for the day's remainder. She could not have known how perfectly she exceeded my request. I will be making this granola for the rest of my life.
 
If you like granola at all you will enjoy this one. The flavor is tremendous but what really pushes it over the edge is the texture. My jaw about cracks as I eat most granolas' stale crunch, I end a bowl with my teeth feeling on edge from the exercise. The secret to this granola's perfect texture is the olive oil. It softens the oats from the inside out, leaving each bite with the ideal chew.
 
Easy to make, easier to eat. You just might want to double the batch.
 
 
Olive Oil Granola
Courtesy  of Andrea DiSanto
 
 
5 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
 
Mix all the ingredients together and pour out on a greased cookie sheet.
 
 
Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Mix around with spoon. Bake another 20-25 minutes. Eat by the handful.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: