Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Feather Extensions

 Feather extensions....it just might be as weird as it sounds.

So, I saw this thing online about feather extensions and it greatly interested me. You take feathers and have them placed in your hair (temporarily) to add a fun, different look-almost like highlights. If you know me at all you know that I love fun and different looks-especially when they are not permanent. Then I found out that these extensions can cost upwards from $45.... I decided to do it myself.
The best part...doing it yourself is a piece of cake!! Now.....as my hubby likes to say "She stuck a feather in her cap and called it macaroni" :)

I love it!! (and the other best part...if I decided tomorrow I hate it-I can take it right out no harm done...and if I decide the next day I love them-I can put them right back it as easy as pie)




Your thoughts??

6 comments:

Blomgrens said...

I LOVE how creative and go get 'em-do-it-yourself person you are!! You inspire :) And, you're cute with the feathers too!

M L E K C said...

i LOVE it. I'm totally gonna try it.

mandii said...

so so cute!!! i want to get one!

abby said...

Ladies...here is the youtube video I watched to learn how to do it...I bought all the stuff off of etsy too for super cheap:) PLEASE let me know if you do it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQoEv__ovAk

emily said...

yes, brilliant. I saw this on Second Skin and thought about trying it, but just can't fork over the money for hair feathers. So I may give it a go now. I like how it looks on you!

nicole said...

I love it! I went to another website http://www.dohairextensions.com/ and they had the whole kit....can't wait:)